Thursday, July 15, 2010

BACON

B (10) 

Every morning all around the world for a very very long time, there is definitely at least one person will be having bacon and eggs for breakfast, if not hundreds, thousands or even millions. Yes bacon, eggs and croissants is the king of breakfast, well at least to me is the breakfast of all breakfast. It must be real pork bacon or else it is just nonsense.
In the past I used to look at the bacons that were sold in the supermarkets but were more disgusted with them than wanting to eat them. Looks OK in the packing, super thin slices and lots of fats when opened, disappear when fried!!! This is what you get in this part of the world.
It was about a year or more ago that I first thought of making my own bacon since I wasn’t able to enjoy those store bought bacon like thingie which should be labelled as cured lards!!! I googled and was discouraged on doing so because of the many equipments and refrigerator space required. To make matter worse I was thinking of smoked bacon which means more equipment is needed.
Everything seems impossible then and had to drop the whole idea. The thought of having to eat store bacon is still a NO NO for me and the burning desire to have real bacon becomes silently stronger and stronger day by day. Then late last year home minister asked me about making bacon again while cleaning a beautiful piece of pork bellyB (19) which she just bought from the butcher. With the pork belly in sight, the burning desire to have real bacon was really strong and I could just taste it!!
I started to google “Making bacon at home” and once again the same disappointing site appear on the screen. This time I am much more determined and search further ……... Dry cured bacon, WOW!! it is really easy to make with a bit of common sense.
Self-made bacon is indeed a real joy to eat, it is super delicious and I can never get enough of it ….. yum yum!! Try it and you’ll never want store bought bacon anymore!!!!
Now I am thinking of self-made croissants …….. the King of Breakfast!!!