Thursday, April 28, 2011

Aquaponics - Planting ... I'm Happy :)

Today I added more seedlings to the aquaponics system. These new seedlings are specifically grown to be planted in the system.


Mini-Bok 


These are min-bok-choi or "nai-pai" in Chinese which is Milky White directly translated. One of our fellow member had planted this before but I cannot recall who.


Cleaning the roots. 


After carefully removing the seedling from the growth media, the seedling is gently put in water to remove as much as possible whatever is stuck to the roots.


Planting the seedling.


A couple of the pebbles is removed to make a cavity so that the seedling can be inserted.


Planted 


After inserting the seedling, the pebbles were carefully replaced and it is planted.


It's done! 


I decided to go on a 3X3in grid and I managed to get a total of 15 plants in a bed. Isn't that a pleasant sight?


Brassica and a single lettuce. 


A check on the first bed and I am please to say that they are doing well including the lone lettuce on the far right. I bought a packet of fresh lettuce seeds today and had sowed some seeds to be planted in the system next. Keeping my fingers crossed that they will germinate. 


Happiness!!!



No comments: