Thursday, April 21, 2011

Aquaponics - Let The Planting Begin!!!

Got the tilapias in on March 23rd and they were only about an inch. They got down to work immediately, easy job eat and poo.


Tilapias 


These fellas are growing real fast, more than four times the size when I got them. I feed them with commercial fish pellets and lettuce leaf once in a while. Still looking for duck weeds inactively anyway they are keeping the tank real clean from algae.


First Batch 


These are the first batch of seedlings which is what some people would refer to as "Orphans Plants" except for the one on the far right corner which is a lettuce. I wanted to start with lettuce but I only got a single seedling from the 20 seeds that I germinated.

I hate waiting, don't you? As a matter of fact from what I had read, I am suppose to wait like 2 or 3 months to let the bacteria grow to produce the necessary nutrients but I couldn't wait. Now is to watch how this first batch of veggies is going to grow. I have four more beds ...... maybe I'll start more seeds tomorrow!!!



No comments: