Thursday, September 18, 2014

Project Tomato - Oh! O!! Trouble!!!

A couple of days ago I noticed that one of my precious tomato plant was not well and I thought that it was some kind of bug attacking it like aphids. Did the soap water treatment and some part of the leaves turned yellow. I washed the plant with clean water 5 minutes after treating it with soap water so it couldn't be the soap water treatment. Out of the 3 plants only one is having the problem.


Precious Tomato

Plant number 1 was having the problem and the growth had slowed down considerably. It was the first plant that was transplanted and the largest among the three.


yellowing leaves

Yesterday morning some black spots start to show at the yellowing part of the leaves and bacteria infection comes to my mind immediately.


Black spots

Without thinking further, I grabbed a pair of shears and started cutting all the affected leaves away. After doing that I only realized was that the right thing to do and is there any other options or my diagnosis is wrong. To investigate this further I posted the problem in the forum. Well after reading the responses I think I did the right thing. If the plant does not recover then the possibility of beetle grub is very high. Anyway if the plant do not recover in two weeks I'll dig it up and look for those grubs.


condition of plants

This is the condition of my 3 Heroes as of September 18th.


No comments: