Saturday, June 20, 2009

Unpleasant Incident - Conclusion.

The uncalled incident in TESCO is now settled and today I had closure on this matter after meeting up with their store manager.

After I lodged the official complaint at the Customer Care counter and on line, I only managed to get a reply in my email on June 18th after eleven days .......... oh OK, I guess it is still within the fourteen days as mentioned in their website. I do not know what had happened to the written complaint that I made at the Customer Care counter.


On the evening after receiving the email, I got a call from the store manager apologising for the unpleasant and uncalled for incident. He was very apologetic through out the conversation and explained the corrective action that had been taken to ensure that incidents like this would not happen again. Assured me that it is safe to visit their store again and requested me to meet up with him the next time I am there.

Today we had to get quite a few groceries and we decided to get it from TESCO so that I could meet up with the store manager face to face. I was surprised to meet quite a young chappy to be the store manager and he was polite. I guessed he must had put on his apologetic face and seemed very concerned that such a thing could had have happened. When I asked him why there was no respond to the complaint note that I filed with the Customer Care service counter, he was quick to respond that he was on leave at that time. Hmm!! On leave eh! How about somebody else like an assistant to respond unless it is thought off as an unimportant matter or is it a coincident that he came back on the same day that I received the email from their head office? Hey man!! I was not born yesterday you know!!! Anyway I was satisfied with the action and not wanting to pursue the matter any further, I gave him a smile that translate to "Don't crap me", shook hands and parted company.

I guess after becoming a TESCO person, it is difficult not to patronise the place.

No comments: