Thursday, June 11, 2009

Unpleasant Incident

Last Monday as usual Home Minister and myself went to TESCO to shop for our and mum-in-law's weekly groceries and stuffs. It was as usual pleasant with lots of things to browse at until we bought two heads of broccoli because they were lovely. The broccoli had to suffer unnecessary abuse by a very unpleasant TESCO's staff and it wasn't lovely anymore after the uncalled for incident. We have our rights as a customer and a member of the public so we made an official complaint in writing at the customer service counter and was promised that it would be pass on to the management. Just to make sure our complaint don't go a stray, we made another complaint through their web site.

According to their web-site, all complaints will be attended to within 14 days and till today there is no response from the Malacca store where we made the complaint at the service counter.



My IC number and Clubcard number is not the true number so as to prevent misuse, it is only to show that I did fill it in.

The actual complaint that was made through their web-site.

My every visit to your store was always pleasant. Being a resident of Malacca and a retiree, I always look forward to the weekly visits to your store for almost all our daily needs. Yes, your service was excellent with great product range and prices until today.

I was really shocked at the attitude of one of your male staff towards my wife and me. We were waiting patiently in queue for our turn to have our two lovely heads of broccoli weighed and tagged at the fresh vegetable weighing counter. When it was our turn, my wife passed the broccoli in a plastic bag to him.

While sealing the plastic bag, a female staff came and said something to your male staff and he immediately left the counter with our broccoli in hand, leaving the counter unattended. Not knowing where he was going, I called out to him, he turned
around and glared at me. He then return and chucked the broccoli onto the counter. He then walked away in a huff, shouting at us.

We really wanted the broccoli so we asked that female male staff to weigh and tag it. All she could do was to give us a blank look, not knowing what to do. Moments later the male staff came back, still shouting at us and unwillingly weighed and tagged the broccoli. Then he threw (yes, THREW) the broccoli on the counter. Throwing a dirty look at us, he walked off, yelling and challenging us to lodge a complaint.

Fearing for our safety I quickly filled up a complaint form at the customer service counter while my wife paid for the purchases even though we only managed to get about half of what we had on our list. Now I am wondering whether I should go back to your store to complete our weekly shopping and risk being harassed or just go to Giant or Mydin which are, incidentally,nearer to our home.

Now let's see whether they really love to hear from us!! ten more days to go and counting.

3 comments:

Shynn said...

yeah man!! tesco sucks!!!!! i hate tesco a lot, even more now!!!! they never ever gave me good service to begin with, they'd be better off hiring forigners! I HATE TESCO!!!!!!

Shynn said...

I prefer JUSCO!

KK said...

I actually like Tesco but after this incident ...... hmmmm :(