Saturday, May 24, 2008

"Bak Chang"

The best "bak chang" were those made by my mum which my wife is now the best "bak chang" maker. She had taken the trouble to painstakingly learn the finer points of making this mouth watering super delicious thingy. The most difficult part is learning the recipe because my mum uses the most traditional way of measurement like for example 3 fingers full of salts or 2 and a 1/2 fingers of soya suace and I shall leave it to your imagination :). Anyway my wife persevered and decoded all those funny units of measurement into today's modern metric unit of measurement. My mum have also endorsed the quality and the tastiness and in her own words "wah!! pi wa cho eh ko ka hoh chiak". Translation "Wow!! it is much more delicious than those I made" Yep! lucky me will get to enjoy these superb creations for many more years to come.

No comments: