Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Early Morning Walk


Last week I had the luxury of going for a very early morning walk and it was really refreshing especially there is no traffic. I was up before six and the full moon shinning through the windows caught my eyes ...... it was a different sight, enchanting. Normally I would just go back to sleep but this time the setting moon seems to invite me to go for a real early morning walk.

Before six-thirty I was out of the house, the cold morning air was really refreshing and reminded me of my camping days when I was a boy scout while in school. The whole neighbourhood seems to be asleep or just wanting to wake up except for the roti canai sombong people and a few coffee shops that were getting ready for the breakfast crowd. The open air market traders were trickling in to claim their space and some of them looks half awake.

Further down the road I turned into a housing estate beside a kampong and everything was quite and peaceful, even the usual barking dog refused to get up to bark at me. Cock-a-doodle-do, yes the familiar sound of a rooster crowing ....... it feels good to be reminded of the time when were staying in the kampong. More and more roosters started crowing like as though they were having a long distance discussion with each other ..... are they?

It was dawn when I reached the express way and it was a really peaceful not even a car in sight ...... wonder how much longer before this kind of scenario is never to be seen or experinced again. By the time I got home, the traffic was already starting to get busy ...... Good Morning.

No comments: