Friday, December 5, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Last Monday was spring cleaning time again, the yearly ritual of having a clean home to welcome Christmas and the new year. We live in the equatorial area and there is no spring time just sunny or rainy time but we still use the term spring cleaning.

This year I was lucky because my old worn out back acted up a day or two before Monday so I was allowed medical leave ........ hehe!! It's a real scary thought of having to clean all the 30 windows with 6 panes each totalling 180 pieces not counting those from the door panels and upstairs too. This year the home minister engaged the help of a foreign professional, her mum's maid from Indonesia and it took her more than a day just to do the downstairs only. My wife did the upstairs herself and the kids did their their own rooms.

In my younger days when I was a kid, spring cleaning was much more severe because my father liked lots of unnecessary things like ornaments for display and framed calender pictures. Cleaning the ornaments and picture frames of the dust and cob webs that gathered over a period of more than 360 days was really a tough job. Everything that hang on the walls and ceilings have to be removed and cleaned. Display cabinets have to be cleared out to be cleaned and the items on display will also need to be cleaned. Not only the floors need to be washed but the furniture too. It was crazy!!!

Thanks to our home minister for keeping our home clean everyday and super clean now, Christmas and 2009 here we come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

no more MC for you next year because Aton won't be around!!!!

KK said...

Medical leave cannot be denied especially from my orthopedic surgeon!! me lor!! hehe!!