Saturday, January 17, 2009

Kuala Lumpur

Last Sunday we made a trip to Kuala Lumpur which I could do without if possible but I had to enrolled my youngest daughter in the The Legend International College of Hospitality and Tourism for her chosen course the next day. She had chosen to do culinary arts and together with her sister decided on this college. Her sister is now in UTAR doing her final year.

We took the old trunk road to Seremban since we had a lot of time and also hoping to eat the famous beef noodles yum!! yum!! in the Seremban central market. We arrived at the stall just in time to watch them close arr!! well!! maybe next time. Well we left Seremban without gaining any weight and headed to Kuala Lumpur by the PLUS highway.

Traffic was already building up from the returning crowds to Kuala Lumpur who had left the maddening place for a more peaceful and pleasant place like Malacca. Luckily we started on our journey much earlier than scheduled. I remembered I had to push my way through with the returning crowd to Kuala Lumpur every weekend when I was working there ...... thank god I don't have to do it anymore!!!

We had dinner in Kuala Lumpur, a brief stop in Vistana Hotel because my youngest daughter needed to answer an emergency call of nature ....... she had food poisioning from the lunch which she had when she was out this morning. She really had us worried for awhile but luckily she recovered later at night after we stuffed her with ultra carbon and a tube of Po Chai Pills.

We spent the night in my sister's place and left for the college early next morning trying to avoid the unnecessary traffic jams. I made a wrong turn and we were in a expressway flooded with traffic which should be renamed "snail way" which is more appropriate than expressway.

Ding dong ding dong ding dong, it was pass noon after getting her registered, paid her fees, inspected her hostel and got her settled more or less before we left. We were happy to be going home back in Malacca but there was a strange feeling like something is missing just like when I sent my eldest daughter to start her university course almost three years ago.

We missed you "Princess" and "Only Daughter".

No comments: