Friday, February 11, 2011

Aquaponics - Shopping!!!

This morning I finished opening up the last tank for the grow bed.


The Grow Tank
Guess what, my old quality hacksaw blade is still in one piece and is still ready to go on to the next sawing task! When come to hacksaw blades the best is a must or there'll definitely be lots of set back and frustration.


Retrieving Parts
Having done the grow tanks I started retrieving as much parts as I can to be reused.


Garage Attic
The next place to check out is the garage attic where many things were stashed away and forgotten. Sometimes it is just a frustration when looking for something that isn't there but today it is a treasure chest for me cause there were some pvc pipes that I can use.


The Hardwares
Next is the shopping trip itself and I went to the largest plumbing hardware store in Malacca. I was disappointed that they do not carry the 32mm to 15mm elbow. According to them that is a rather a odd size and they don't think anyone manufacture it. If they don't have I guess it is pointless to go else where to look for it. Guess I had to stick with what I had done and make use of additional reduction adapter 32mm to 25mm.

Next I guess would be the assembly and layout.

OK the cost so far:
1 pc 200 litres Drum = $45.00
5 pcs 25 litres cans = $20.00
1 pc Funny Hand saw = $3.90
1 tube 300gm silicone sealant = $6.00
8 pcs Reduction Adapter 32 to 25mm = $5.60
8 pcs Reduction Elbow 25 to 15mm = $4.80
1 meter 32mm pvc thin wall pipe = $2.50
1 meter 15mm pvc thin wall pipe = $1.50
1 pc best quality hacksaw blade = $3.80

Total: $93.10

No comments: