Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shattered Dream


Today is the twenty ninth day since I got an wanted present from hell and I have not had a single night of decent sleep since. Yes it is the sciatica that I am talking about. The recovery process is really slow and it is really a great way to torture anyone to get information ......... I don't think Rambo can withstand this kind of torture too!!! kekeke!!

I had rehabilitated and added compost to all six of the long beds so that they would be ready for planting when the raining season starts. Mini hills were constructed for perennials because there is now a concept after gaining some very valuable hands on experience last year. It is exciting and was really looking forward to the raining season to realise my concept. I could imagine the result of an almost continuous flow of greens on the table and the sweet taste of home grown organics almost daily.

The raining season had started a while back and my mini farm is getting overgrown with weeds. The raised beds were covered with a layer of organic green not veggies but a crown of weeds. All mini hills are being slowly devoured by the weeds and so are the poor herbal plants. The compost pile is also not spared as the weeds enjoyed themselves wholeheartedly to the gourmet cuisine which I used to jealously guard against them. Sometimes I can even hear them party all night long ...hehe!! just kidding.

Every evening I am tempted to do something to check the uncontrolled growing of the weeds but the fear of aggravating the situation I am in never fail to stop me. I am still in pain not just pain but very irritating kind of pain. I really hope my mini farm would not be an undergrowth when I am fit enough to rework it. My tools are also rusting away due to the idleness ........ Anyone care to give me a hand.

No comments: