Saturday, March 14, 2009

Unscheduled Stop

Last Tuesday very early morning at about 1:30AM was just like any other early morning for the past nearly one month I had to wake up to relief the pain in my right leg due to the sciatica problem. Sleeping through the night was impossible for me for the time being, it was like taking naps because every other hour I must walk around to relief the pain.

While struggling out of bed with a piercing pain from my right buttock down to my knee I heard a loud crunching noise of metal and plastic being compressed at high speed. I peeped out of the window and saw what looks like a motorcycle had collided with a car at the T-junction down the road. OOooo ouch my leg hurts and I wondered how much longer will I have to suffer this meaningless pain.

Moments later some people were shouting at each other at the top of their voice for causing their unscheduled stop. Once again I looked out of the window, this time standing up straight and was able see better. There was another car involved in the collision head on with the other car while the motor bike was lying on the side. While the people involved in the drama were accusing each other for causing the unscheduled stop passer by quickly rushed to pull the motorbike away from the two damaged cars and flames started coming out from one or both the cars ..... it was difficult to tell cause both the cars were like stuck to each other. The flame grew real fast and devoured both the cars in a matter of minutes before the firemen arrived to put it out. The crowd also grew as fast as the fire and I was surprised to see so many of them gathered in such a short time at this very early morning hour. The driver of one of the car was swearing away of being cursed ........ guess he will blame any thing but failed to be responsible of his own action. A couple of police cars and an ambulance were there to watch the drama. Both the wreckage were removed from the scene of the accident once the fire was put out and the crowd also dispersed.

I put away my camera and quietly slipped back into bed keeping my fingers crossed hoping to sleep right through till sunrise but it did not happened.


No comments: