Thursday, March 19, 2009

Step Forward.


Today is the thirty sixth day of just being in a state of inertness ....... Ooops!! sorry the day before yesterday was quite eventful and did quite a fair bit of running around after being almost in a comatose stage. Thanks to my wife and wife's friend and sister I was able to take a giant step forward in my road to recovery from the arrgh!! sciatica. Yesterday was a full day of rest and I am really happy that the degree of pain did not increase after the long period of riding in the car running around town playing assistant tour guide the day before. It is still painful but bearable.

OK I think I am going to do some gardening this evening and I really do hope that there will be no consequences after that. I planted an eggplant seeds about a week ago and the seedling need to be transplanted for it to grow further. Since I think I am much better now I have to make the next step ya!! It is about twelve noon now and the sun is really scorching hot so come evening when the weather is more conducive, I will be in the garden ....... wish me luck.

Hi I am back .......... OK just had my bath and dinner ........ so far so good, just very little new pain but just some aching here and there ......... wooh!!! too early to come to any conclusion at the moment but I did it, yes I managed to clear an earlier prepared bed of weeds and planted the brinjal seedling. With a sickle in hand just after I had my afternoon nap about four o'clock I started with my quest. First the overgrown weeds around the bed was trimmed inch by inch with a sickle and having to take a break after every few strokes to give my legs and back a rest. The earth on the bed itself was loosen with a screw driver like tool and the weeds removed by hands making sure that the roots of the weeds were removed too.

After about two and a half hours the bed was ready for planting and my buttocks was starting to hurt a little. I was so close to achieving my quest so I decided to ignore the growing pains and continue to put the seedling in the ground. After another thirty minutes or so it's done complete with mulching. I am really glad that it was done feeling a sense of great achievement and taking another step forward in my recovery even though I start to limb a little from the new pain then.

Now I am just wondering whether I should had stop immediately when there was a first pinch of pain or was it foolish of me to to persevere even though some pain was developing. Well guess I will only know by tomorrow morning. Oh ya, I can now sleep a little better.

No comments: