Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Starting Over


A couple of days ago I guess I was feeling much better after being able to drive a little and was able to ride in the car around town with no pain ....... only discomfort, I decided to do something about the mini-farm. I really had to do something or the mini-farm will become a mini savannah grassland complete with creepy crawlies as residents, you know the cold and "clamy" or slimy kind ......... yeech!!!

With a hoe in hand I headed to the mini-farm to access the situation to decide from where I should start first .......... hmm ...... guess I had to clear the compost area first so that I can make use of the place to start a new compost heap after all there were going to be lots of vegetation that need to be composted. So very carefully I started to dig out the grass very gently ensuring only a very minimal of strain was allowed on any part of my anatomy. After not having done anything physical for more than a month I was really stiff all over and with a very strong fear of a relapse of the sciatica, I took a rest after not more than five strokes of the hoe.

After clearing only a very small portion of the ground like less than a square meter I decided to stop cause I thought there was small pain in the small of my back and knees. Imagination or not I rather be safe than sorry. The next day luckily it rained so rest no strain. Anyway to-date the compost area is done, not completely done, but is done and there is still a very very verrryyy long way to go!!

No comments: