Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Aquaponics - Committed

Went to the scrape yard and got myself committed this morning, it is getting real exciting.



Those drums filled up the Old Chariot.



I have no idea what the content of the 200 litres drum was but it didn't have any foul smell and it is really clean inside. The 25 litres drums were used for orange and apple cordials...... they smell pleasant.

It is nice to see the hardware physically as it really take away lots of the guessing work. I laid them out on the area that they were supposed to be and they fitted well. Now I have to start looking for lumber for the racks to support the grow bed and keep the 200 litres drum in place.

Next I'll have to modify the drums so that they are usable for the purpose. I have never modify a plastic drum before so I am wondering what would the best tool to cut it. A powered jig saw .... good choice but mine is broken, a blade???? These are heavy duty drums so I guess a blade is out of the question. Hmmm .... Google it!!!


No comments: