Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Replanted

Well four months passed and errr!!! still no produce from the organic mini farm. Guess it is tough being a first time farmer and being an organic one does not make things any easier. The first lot of seeds planted did not germinate as I had mentioned earlier ............. actually only a single chili plant germinated and it is struggling to stay alive .......... looks like I might have to replace it with a new plant but than again I must try to save it to truly have green fingers.

Did some research before doing any replanting of the seeds and my Princess gave me a great tip about planting from seeds. Yes, I will share it with you all ............ she found this out from her very own experience when she first planted some herbs from seeds and it also did not germinate the very first time. She discovered that she had planted the seeds too deep and she fashioned a special tool out of toothpick by marking the required depth on it. Basically the depth required by tiny seeds is no more than 5mm. Thanks a million my dear princess the seeds are now seedlings.

The seeds that are now seedlings are perennial and the first batch of the choi sum seeds starting pots too have to be replanted too. With a heavy heart I disposed off the the seed pots into the compost heap with a big sigh!!!!

The replanting are all done and I am really looking forward to transplanting the seedlings real soon. :)

No comments: