Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Lawn Mower


It was just like yesterday when I was mowing my mum's previous house lawn with the very same machine that I used today to mow my lawn. This fantastic piece of machine had been with us for more than two decades and had never once tried to avoid doing it's job.

My first encounter with a lawn mower is a reel type and is powered by human power. I was not more than ten years old then and it looks almost exactly like the one in the picture. Looks like this piece of machine is frozen in time. Anyway if I am still using this type of lawn mower I would look like Mr. Muscle ....... hehehe!!!!!

A couple of years later my father brought home a four stroke gasoline powered push lawn mower. WOW!!! this powered mower really makes mowing a breeze but starting was a problem for me because back then I was just a small kid. Never knew how a four stroke gasoline engine work until years later in secondary school power mechanic classes that I learned about the basics of four stroke gasoline engine.

The first mower lasted us more than nine years before it gave up ......... err mainly due to neglect, lack maintenance and abuse. The second unit was not spared the torture too ................ you can see the service scars from the pictures .......... I did the handy repair work!!! When my mum moved into her present home with no lawn I took over the machine. From then on it is treated with respect and maintain according to schedule.

Today even though it is more than twenty five years old I am still using it to mow my lawn and it is still providing great service. Yes, nowadays I can start it with just one pull .......... guess I am BIG now ... hehe!! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how bout ur stolen bush cutter (",) hehehe!!
lucky thing also the fence kena langgar, so no need to trim hedges!! haahah!!!!

KK said...

The person who stole my bush cutter is cursed to be a roadside grass cutter for the rest of his hopeless life.