Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rain

It was one of those wonderful morning to sleep in late where getting out of bed is almost sinful.Yes, it would really be nice to continue sleeping in this cold cold morning (we do not want to have air-conditioning) and the soothing rhythm from the gentle falling raindrops. Much as I would like to continue sleeping my old bladder did not allow me to do so ........... looking out the window and confirmed that it was not even dawn yet.

After having done my morning business, I decided to have my breakfast in the patio, a cup of coffee and one of those last remaining so delicious "bak-chang". (My dear friend from up north, sorry lah bo liao lo, next year maybe hor!) Took my time with breakfast, savouring every bite of the "bak-chang" while enjoying the real fresh rain washed morning air.It was really good.

Feeling confident that it would not rain anymore, decided to put the seedlings and replanted seeds out to catch the warmth of the morning sun. Then went up to the attic attic to change the water filter to the main tanks. Without warning it started to rain cats and dogs while I was busy with the filters. By the time I got to the seedlings and yet to germinate replanted seeds it was too late and it was a horrible sight. ARRGGHH!!! I could only save the seedlings. Guess I was mistaken that the calm was not the end of the rain but the beginning of a storm :(

Armed with a tatty umbrella, I made my way to my mini organic farm and was relived to see the plants were doing just fine. Glad that I mulched the raised beds too, if not precious compose that I added to enrich the soiled would had been washed away too. Looking at the plants enjoying rain while myself was getting almost drenched to the skin, I thought to myself "Guess nature have a way of taking care of itself" .......... but don't push your luck ya! :)


No comments: