Wednesday, August 27, 2008

SCUBA Diving


The ocean is a mysterious, exciting, interesting with lots of fun place and scuba diving is a great sports ......... is my favourite. The very first time I saw people scuba diving was on TV in the sixties, yes I was still a kiddo then but I knew that is something that I really wanna do someday. The TV program was Sea Hunt and whenever it was on I will be glued right in front of the screen, it was black and white then. Even thought it was black and white I was really fascinated with the view underwater. Hundred and fifty-five episodes of this show were produced and I watched every single one.

At that time most of my diving adventures were in the bath tub with a hose for breathing ....... hehe!!! The bath tubs we had at that time was just an extra large pot for holding water and it was not meant for soaking in. A used large Planta can was used to scoop water for a typical Malaysian splash bath. Well at least I can say that I had dive in a place where even Jacques Yves Cousteau have not explored ......... hehe!!!

After having explored every nooks and corner of the large bath pot and much older, I took my first official scuba diving course to be a certified diver in 1985. My first dive was off Pulau Pemanggil and oh wow!!!! it is really beautiful and it is in colour .......... the feeling is just out of this world. After about three years of active diving our group disbanded because everyone were busy trying to make a living. It was really terrific to be able to do something that I had really wanted to as a kid. At that time when I was only able to dive in the large bath pot, I never knew that I would really be scuba diving .......... it's great.
My last scuba diving trip was in year 2003 to one of the ultimate international scuba diving destination, Sipadan. Yes Sipadan is really a diving haven for scuba divers and it is a must go destination for most scuba divers. I had wanted to visit this great diving place ever since I heard about it when I started scuba diving ........ err real scuba diving not the one in the bath pot. The pictures here were all taken in Sipadan. Let's go to Sipadan !!! :)

No comments: