Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Nangka Busuk"

"Nangka" is the Malay name for jackfruit and "busuk" is Malay for rotten or smelly and "nangka busuk" is a Malay expression used when someone fall. When a rotten jackfruit fall from a tree and by virtue of its weight it will definately make a thud.

Today I was replacing loss water in the fountain due to evaporation and spilling with a hose direct from the tap. At first the water was clear but turn to a disgusting thick tea colour after a while so I decided to fetch water from our bathroom with a pail because it is filtered so it is much clearer and purer. Why are we paying for dirty portable water??????

The fountain is now much more livelier with plants and fishes in the water, it is really soothing just to look at it. Every morning and evening I'll spent some time "talking" and watching the fishes while feeding them. I like the noen tetra most because of their brilliant colour and their pleasant nature.

So I am sure you can understand why I decided to get the water from the bathroom, yes I just cannot my precious fishes to live in dirty water. Initially I thought of using a normal size pail to fetch the water but decided against because of my bad back and used a smaller even though I have to make an additional trip. The first two trips was fine and on the third trip arrghhh!!!!!!! thud ....... yes I slipped on a small puddle that I spilled and "nangka busuk" ouch!!!!. I broke my thumb nail and my thumb is still hurting, so is my butt. :)

No comments: