Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Planting Seeds 2

Eight days had passed since I started the little experiment to determine whether coir or peat moss is a better media for seed pots. From the picture on the right is more or less the conclusion of the experiment which only one real germination and a almost germinated or is it germinating ......... I am not sure it could be a weed.

From previous experience and comparing to other types of plant only this brand of brassica is having such super low germination rate. Today I decided to plant a fresh batch of brassica from another supply source to determine whether the germination rate of brassica is really that low. How about the potting media? ...... Hmmmm!!!!! I've got peat moss, coir and compost ........... OK I'll make use of peat moss and a mixture of compost and coir. Peat moss because I have it and have to use it up, coir and peat moss mix sounds like a great idea ......... hey!!! I have got a hybrid seed potting media. If the hybrid turn out to be great, then it is going to be call KK Special and it is going to be the only and official seed potting media in my nursery. I am gong to try it on other other seeds too ............ KK Special sounds like a million bucks eh!!! :)

No comments: