Friday, October 31, 2008

Herbs

My princess brought back more herbs for me to plant and now I can say I have two sections in my mini organic farm .....veggies and herbs.

The herbs are lemon grass, pandan, ginger, curry leaves, sweet basil, sage, rosemary and oregano. The earlier basil that was planted was Thai basil and not sweet basil. Princess was not satisfied with the taste and so she went to look for the basil seedlings in Cold Storage again. The first time she bought it, it was the last pot left and it was not properly labelled. When she discovered that what she bought the first time was Thai basil, she decided to get the right one this time. The pesto sauce was great even though it was Thai basil .......... I wonder whether she is going to make pesto sauce again this time with the correct basil?????? Oh ya, the Thai basil plant was already removed from the herb garden and is now in the compost after collecting the seeds.

Having a herb garden is really a boon to kitchen and the key to extra delicious dishes. Working around the herb plants are always so rewarding because ahhh!!! so delicious scents. Fresh herbs are always the best.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm actually looking forward to using the sage--can't wait till it gets bigger...

KK said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will grow :)