Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cockles


Cockles ....... yes .... either you love it or just hate it. It is such a wonderful delicious morsel and I can't understand why some people just dislike them. Anyway they do not know what they are missing!!!

During my younger days together with my neighbours we would devour kilos of this so ever delicious bivalve mollusks at a go. Just blanched the cockles with boiling hot water until it is easy to open the shells and it is ready be eaten. The cockles are eaten while de-shelling it and are dipped into freshly ground red chilly with garlic, ginger and lime. My mouth is already watering just thinking of it.........WOW!!! that was good, with blood dripping from the side of the mouth just like Dracula having his first meal after a very long sleep .......hehehe!!!!!!

A couples of days ago my wife decided to cook nyonya laksa and this is a dish that must have cockles, without it, it's just not IT. It was quite awhile since we had this dish .....hmmmm!!! the taste is just simply fantastic. My "Only Daughter" had 3 helpings!!!! and my "Princess" is away in Uni ......... sorry dear!!!! My son enjoyed his portion without any after effects - his stomach has a low tolerance for chilly.

No comments: