Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Planting Seeds


Finally got down to planting the seeds yesterday. The potting media is 100% seived top soil and I am making use of those cool little DIY seed pots :)

For a start I decided to plant shrub like plants and they are ball plant, okra, chillies and "5 star bell capsicum"(named by my eldest daughter). The bell capsicum seeds were given to me by my two lovely daughters - the eldest is the "Princess" and the youngest "Only Daughter". They got the seeds from a Chinese restaurant in a 5 star hotel where they do part time work usually on weekends. Thank you dear Princess and Only Daughter ;)
OK first fill the seed pot with the potting media then drop a seed in right in the middle and cover it more potting media. After that I let the whole seed pot sit in water so that it will soaked up the water by itself. Doing it this way is the best cause it will be saturated with water and the placement of the seed will not be disturbed. Having done that they are then transferred into transparent disposable food containers with the lid on. This way the food containers will keep the moisture in and I don't have to worry about the seed pot drying up ...... good idea huh???
Now is the waiting time cause it will take about 7~14 days for the seeds to germinate.

No comments: