Sunday, June 8, 2008

Mini Farm Progress


Lots of progress was made in the mini farm since it was started. Had lots of exercise from moving the earth here and there. Moved some earth to level the area close to the wall so that it is more presentable looking now. Completed a raised bed which is ready for planting and another is in progress. Already got the seeds and now have to plan how, what and where to plant them. The seeds that I got from the seed supplier are okra, eggplant, kai-lan are hybrid and brassica (choy sum in Cantonese) seeds. Hybrid or normal is recommended by the owner of the shop, Type of plant I decided base on family members request.

The compost pile is coming along real well and it is smelling good. Yes, correctly done compost should smell good according to most web site. I have cleared another patch of ground for a second pile which is at presently acting as the collection center for the ingredients to compost. From the picture on the left you can see the second pile just after the first one, What an ugly sight isn't it? It looks better in real life, trust me.

Time for my afternoon nap ..... yawn .... maybe will plant some weeds oops I mean seeds when I wake up later ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: