Wednesday, June 4, 2008

New Inhabitants

Got two new plants, lemon grass and pandan from my mother-in-law's backyard and planted them close to the mini farm where the ground is more fertile ...... I guess so because the grass there grow much richer ......"Elementary my dear Watson" I believe this is what Sherlock Holmes would say ......... hehe!!!

Started planting around 5:30pm and only finished around 8:00pm. Didn't know that it would take such a long time ....... I guess you can say that they are planted with love and tender care :) The picture taken here is almost immediately after the planting is done ....... wonder they will grow or not was my last thoughts.

Early next morning took this picture and noticed the pandan is like the Leaning Tower of Telok Anson. How did this happen????? Upon close examination discovered that the main stem is broken and it was held together by the leaves. Could have broken in the process of removing it from its original place. Looks like the only humane thing to do now is to amputate. Oh ya the pineapple was planted about 3 weeks ago from the crown of a very sweet pineapple.


Amputation done with scissors and blade by unqualified surgeon!!!

After trimming ...... will it grow?????
Amputated part shredded and into second compost pile.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

My pineapple looks pretty!!