Monday, September 22, 2008

The Cupboard

Not long ago my Home Minister requested me to construct a cupboard but I had to reject. Under current situation of excessively high pump price of fuel the timber yard refused to deliver small quantities. Even though I know them very well they just out right refused ........... I even suggested that they drop it off should they be passing my place to deliver orders that justify the cost and I don't mind waiting. The answer is still NO because it is inconvenient and very likely that they will forget because it is not their normal practice. If I want the lumber, I had to find my own way to get it back home ........ can't blame them can I? Moreover the cost of lumber had spiral upwards.

Anyway after some calculation and my poor back condition, maybe it is cheaper to buy one, so off we went to check it out. Yes the mass produced type is much cheaper but there is still a problem ........ can it go up the staircase to the location it is intended for?

Last Sunday we had a break and found the perfect cupboard at a fantastic discount too. It was a Completly Knock Down (CKD)/Do It Yourself (DIY) three door wardrobe so there is no problem whether it can go up the staircase or not. Errr..... only a small problem, they don't deliver because it was from one of the hypermarts and it was a CKD/DIY. We were using our small car then and was not sure whether it could fit in or not. After some quick measurement ......... alright!! it fit but some changes have to be made concerning the sitting arrangement.

After reaching home with the two packages, yes it came in two boxes, and two hours or so later it was done with a little help from my abled body son to do the heavy lifting. While assembling the cupboard I was impressed with the precision of the cut and holes, everything just fitted so well! I was prepared to do some refitting but there is no need at all ....... wonder where it was made.

While clearing up the boxes to be reused or recycling, guess what I saw printed on the box "Made in France" :)

No comments: